I started dreaming about writing this post for that happy day when Inevitable might get published, but then I thought, you know what, I do actually have another book for sale already, so here's a dry run.
Some of these things may seem tiny, insignificant, irrelevant, or pointless, but it all adds up. All of them will take under a minute. I would so appreciate it if you could take a minute or so out for this.
1. Go to this link for Amazon.com, or this one for Amazon.co.uk and click "like" next to the title.
2. While you're there, scroll down to "tags customers associate with this product" and click on "agree with these tags".
3. If you're on Twitter, copy and paste this and tweet it:
Want to learn a language? This eBook tells you how: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Conquering-Babel-Practical-Learning-ebook/dp/B005LBRBAA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330987826&sr=8-1 (Twitter will automatically shorten the link.)
That's for the UK - for the US use this one instead:
Want to learn a language? This eBook tells you how: http://www.amazon.com/Conquering-Babel-Practical-Learning-ebook/dp/B005LBRBAA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330988079&sr=8-1
4. If you're on GoodReads, click on this link and add to your "to-read" shelf.
5. While you're there, scroll down to "recommend to my friends" and click those people you think might like it.
6, If you're on Pinterest, repin this onto a board that works for you, like "books worth reading" or "friends" or "books my friends have written" or "learning a language".
Isn't social networking fun?!
If you've done all those things and you're still, say, waiting for the kettle to boil, or the bus to arrive, or the bank to answer your phone call, you can also try these:
7. Add a comment to Amazon (and an honest star-rating). (If you haven't read it, you can find extracts on Authonomy )
8. Add a comment to GoodReads (and an honest star-rating).
9. Add the link to your Facebook profile.
10. Email friends you know who might enjoy it.
Thank you so, so much!