Just pausing to reflect on the impact Aaron Sorkin has had on my life.
Without him, I might never have...
- known or cared about American politics
- known much or cared much about America, full stop (sorry, guys)
- visited DC
- been introduced to my very favourite actor
- been inspired to write the book I have just finished
- fallen in love with the English language
- known who Rob Lowe was (yes, I'm that culturally inept)
- gone to Hay to meet Rob Lowe, and ended up meeting another author who inspired me, listened to me, and may well be helpful to me later down the line...
- met Rebecca, who's now one of my best friends, and made countless other friends online
I realise I'm repeating the word "inspired". Which, when you come to think of it, is quite apt.
Aaron Sorkin, you can be my three beautiful things for today.