Thursday 30 June 2011

3BT: geekery, writing, and newish friends

1. Tomorrow's first lesson is cancelled. Not only does this mean a lie-in, it means I can watch the numbers change on Authonomy at the stroke of midnight - a momentous monthly event. And if that weren't enough, there's also a by-election to geek out over.

2. I sit down to do my fifteen minute daily writing prompt exercise, and thirty minutes later I'm still writing what might turn out to be a short story; better yet, it even ends with a line that has inexplicably been in my head for the last year or so.

3. I'm walking back from the station, and a car pulls up alongside me: it's a friend from the Saturday Bible studies. She gives me lift home, with her two daughters, whom it's a pleasure to meet. I feel good about my little town and the people I am getting to know here.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: