Friday 9 April 2010

However...


... Twitter can be good for one thing: making new friends.

Seriously.

Real live ones.

Today was the perfect afternoon to spend in a North London park pushing cute children on swings, convincing a little boy to read a story to his apple seeds so the tree would grow faster, and chatting to another aspiring writer about our respective books. Turns out we had so much in common we didn't even talk about the West Wing much at all (apart from a brief "we hate Amy" moment, which are ever helpful to one's sanity). Heck, we don't even know what each other's favourite episodes are. (I sense a blogpost coming on.)

So there you go. Twitter has its uses. The trick, as with all these things, is to make it your servant, not your master. I'll let you know how I get on...



NB This really counts as tomorrow's nablopomo post, since I'll be at a wedding... and separated from my computer and all forms of electronic communication...

No comments: